Great British Bake Off Play Along Challenge

Week 6 - #GBBO Challenge - European Cakes

12:54

Week 6! I can't believe it is week 6 already! I am seriously behind on my own personal VPB #GBBO challenge! I still have to bake:  week 4's bakes (8x self sourcing puddings, Tiramisu Cake and Baked Alaska) and week 5's bakes (Custard Tart, Spiral Pear Pie and Three Tier Pie Structure) plus biscuit scene! I will bake all of these delicious sounding bakes but just might not be able to complete them in the Great British Bake Off time frame!


I am actually on holiday in Menorca at the moment but I have just rushed back to my hotel room so I can watch this week's programme! - I think I am official a #GBBO nut!  I even tweeted about it!




European Cakes
Technical Challenge: Princess Cake  (which looks amazing) or in other words a PrinsesstÃ¥rta cake.  This looks so complicated! I am not very good with cakes like this, really have to be in the mood! Unless I am making up my own recipes, I tend look at all the ingredients and think oh goodness! But of course I will try this.  I have made lots of the elements before just never put them all together! It will be very interesting to see how mine turns out! - Nancy's was perfect, it looked so yummy.
So the cakes for this week are:
Signature challenge: A traditional European cake made with yeast
I have to get my thinking cap on for this, I don't think I have ever made a yeast cake. Looking forward to it though with my new bundt tin (bought at the beginning of #GBBO).




Show Stopper Challenge:  Dobos Torte 
I have never heard of this cake, again it looks amazing and very complicated! But the caramel! Every time I have made caramel I have always managed to burn myself! Fingers crossed I won't this time! 
All the bakers cakes look fantastic. Though have they put dowels in them to the support the structures?   
Nancy's looked and tasted amazing - according to Paul and Mary. Luis looked brilliant but apparently lacked in flavour. Chetna's amazing as well. 


Another shock of the series! I can't believe nobody left! But well done to Richard and Kate :)

I think Nancy, Luis and Chetna will make it into the final. Who do you think will more forward?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook